Emma Garland Since grade 7, Emma has performed in the annual school musical – taking the lead this year as Millie. She has consistently shown amazing skill,...
G.T. 12 2014-2015
B.C. secondary school students who are enrolled in Grade 10, 11 or 12 as of September 1, 2007, must complete Graduation Transitions. Graduation Transitions is intended to prepare students for a successful transition to life after secondary school. In order to meet this goal, Graduation Transitions encourages students to:
1. take ownership of their own health and learning
2. examine and demonstrate connections between their learning and their future
3. create a plan for their growth and development as skilled, healthy, knowledgeable, participating citizens
4. exhibit attributes of a model B.C. graduate
All B.C. secondary school students must demonstrate they have met the following requirements for:
1. Personal Health – maintain a personal health plan and participate in at least 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
2. Community Connections – participate in at least 30 hours of work experience and/or community service and describe what was learned.
3. Career and Life – complete a transition plan and present significant accomplishments.
This site contains three packages that you must complete to our satisfaction within the first semester of your grade 12 year. This information as well as other helpful resources are attached below. Students must complete all of the packages by Christmas 2014. Please keep in mind that physical activity hours and work/volunteer experience hours are hours completed in your grade 11 and 12 year only.
This graduation requirement is not graded but each package must be submitted to your advisor in the office by the due date. The advisor will review the package. If the criteria have not been met in the package, it will be returned to you. You must complete all of the criteria to our satisfaction on each package to receive a “Requirements Met” on your report card and transcript. All 3 packages and the presentation must be completed to our satisfaction to meet this graduation requirement.
Final presentations will happen in January 2015. Our hope is that many of you will wish to work on this over the summer and submit the packages to us in early September.
Grad Transitions Advisors:
Last Names A-L: Mr. Harris, Vice Principal
Last Names M-Z: Mr. Wicker, Vice Principal
Click below for Grad Transitions Packages and Other Helpful Information. (if these do not open, check for Acrobat Reader updates on your device)
Package #1 Information: Due October 15, 2014
Package #2 Information: Due November 15, 2014
Package #3 Information: Due December 15, 2014
GT Presentation Information: Due January 23, 2015